A little about me

   I started my guitar lessons with the eminent guitar player/singer and song writer Anselmo Grau in 1989 in Uruguay. My intentions was to learn some chords to play Beatles but in my first day Anselmo played Villa-Lobo's Preludio Nº 1 and from that moment I fall in love with the guitar. At the same time I took lessons with Mario Villagran an other great Uruguayan song writer and guitar player. In 1992 i continued my studies with Regina Carrizo. One year later I went for 1 year to the Escuela Universitaria de Musica in Montevideo (EUM) and open house classes with Abel Carlevaro (a major experience that I will never forget). In 1997 I came back to Uruguay after have been living in Sweden were I had a few lessons with the Swedish composer Staffan Storm, I continued with my studies in the EUM with Mario Paysee. Beside I took music lessons with the uruguayan composer Ulisses Ferretti and I study with Esteban Gil the traditional music of Latin America in the guitar, two work shops with Eduardo Fernandez and master classes with Magnus Andersson, Paul O'Dette, Shin-ichi Fukuda and Oscar Herrero.

    I have been playing in bands since 1992. My first "band" was a duo with Exequiel Caldas and later on we build up a trio with the collaboration of Pablo Grandal called "Cueros" for a 2 month European Street Tour in 1996. After that in 1997 I joined the uruguayan folk group Grupo Horizontes that was already playing since late 80', performing in several countries as Uruguay, Brasil, Argentina, Mexico, Cuba and USA. We recorded in 1999 the album "Musica Latinoamericana" a compilation of latin american folk music. When I moved to Holland in 2002 I joined the music project of Stephanie Rijsenaars "Stefka Band" recording "Del Recuerdo de Amor" and performing in Holland. Since 2006 I decided to start with my own music project and for that I invited my dear friend and jazz guitar player Sergio Sinning to join Kixote Project In November 2009 we co-composed and released the album Music & Breakfast. In the present I'm more dedicated to the guitar teaching. Feel free to contact me.

Comments

Popular Posts